Job opportunities at Nova Church
Under the direction of the Lead Pastors, the Administrative Assistant serves as the initial face and voice of the Nova Church office and will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Pastoral Team throughout the week and all events.
● Provide administrative and clerical support to the pastoral team, primarily the Lead Pastors .
● Communicating with and booking of outside vendors for all office/church events
● Responsible for all office communications: Answering phones, answering emails, receiving guests and deliveries
● Keep Church metrics up-to-date with weekly attendance, guests, baptisms, dedications etc.
● Responsible for Opening (9am) & Closing of the church office (4pm) on assigned days.
● Managing, ordering and organizing office/church supplies
● Maintaining and updating the calendar with church events and overseeing office bookings with all setup.
● All other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastors
● Maintains confidentiality and trust in all situations
● Punctual and dependable. Be well organized, flexible and adaptable, maintain a positive attitude while supporting Nova Church in the daily performance of duties and functions.
● Ability to prioritize and multi-task projects and assignments, while demonstrating time management skills.
● This 20 hour position is comprised of office hours on Tuesday and Wednesday ( 9am to 4pm) and 6 hours on Sunday
● Offering admin support Sundays from at 8am – 1pm with additional times/ events added as needed (some evening events)
● Must be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative, clerical and executive level support related tasks and be able to work independently with little supervision
● A vehicle is required ( to run occasional errands)
● Must have strong writing and verbal communication skills and attention to detail are important, with the ability to review correspondence for procedural, grammatical accuracy and conformance with policy.
● Must have effective time management skills and a positive attitude and approach to problem solving
● Must possess a working knowledge of computers and proficiency in software programs, including Microsoft Office applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) or Mac Office applications (Keynote, Numbers, Pages), Planning Centre and Google Drive
● Must have a heart for ministry and the people of Nova Church
● This 20 hour position is comprised of office hours on Tuesday and Wednesday ( 9am to 4pm) and 6 hours on Sunday offering admin support from at 8am to 1pm with additional times/ events added as needed
● The rate of pay for this position is $20 per/hour.
Please submit your resume by clicking below, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
* NOTE – You will receive further communication only if we are interested in arranging an interview.
Bella Rose Arts Theatre – 283 Thomas Raddall Dr, Halifax, NS
Suite 170, 2 Bluewater road, Bedford Nova Scotia B4B 1G7